Raw Nori Rolls
So easy and quick to make – skip the store bought ones and go for this vegan, rice-free raw version instead.
- 2 cups sunflower seeds (soaked overnight & rinsed)
- 2 tablespoons raw tahini
- ½ cup lemon juice
- 1-2 tablespoons soya sauce (nama shoyu)
- 1 garlic clove (or 2)
- Pinch of cayenne
- 4-6 Sheets Nori rolls
- 1-2 cups Selection of spiralized carrots, cucumber strips, avocado strips, depipped olives, sprouts
- Other options: Celery, Tomato slices, spring onion, radish slices.
Put all ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Spread some of this on raw nori instead of rice, and keep the rest in the fridge to be used as delicious dip. It lasts in the fridge for about two weeks, after that it goes a little ripe like aged cheese.
To make the sushi, place a sheet of Nori on a grass mat (this allows you to roll sushi tightly without tearing the sheet.)
- Spread a layer of Sunflower blend on the edge of one side or Nori, about 5cm wide & 1 cm thick
- Layer Selection of veggies on top of sunflower blend, 5cm wide & about 1 cm thick
- Roll tightly closed. Stick the end of sushi paper together with few drops water
- Slice with a very sharp knife.
Soya sauce with two drops of toasted sesame oil (not raw but fabulous).
Join us for more recipes for success here: More Raw & Detox Group